Even as Pakistan’s Prime Minister-in-waiting Imran Khan said last week that he was willing to work towards improving ties with India, his country’s army is readying a plan to push nearly 600 terrorists into Indian territory to wreak havoc in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to an intelligence report,600 terrorists are waiting on the border to infiltrate. They are positioned at various terror launch pads spread along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border in Jammu and Kashmir.
The report submitted to the Union Home Ministry asserts that these terrorists are being actively supported by Pakistani armed forces. Intelligence sources suspect that there are also Pakistan army personnel among the 600 terrorists. They are believed to be members of infamous Pakistan’s Border Action Team (BAT) which is known to provide support to terrorist organisations to launch attacks on Indian security forces from across the border.
According to intelligence agencies, this may be the highest number of terrorists readied by Pak forces to infiltrate India after surgical strikesdestroyed dozens of launchpads in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). The Pak Army’s plan comes on the back of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan’s promise to work towards better ties with India.
“If they take one step towards us, we will take two, but at least (we) need a start,” 65-year-old Khan said in his first public address after leading his party to victory in the general elections held last week.
We want to improve our relations with India, if their leadership also wants it, he had said.
However, the action of the Pak Army is contrary to the promise made by Khan. An attempt by Pak Army to send these terrorists to India would jeopardise any chance of peace process.
On Tuesday, the Centre had said that 110 terrorists have been killed by security forces in Jammu and Kashmir till July 22 this year. In 2017, the number was at 213 while in 2016 and 2015, it was 150 and 108 respectively.
According to the intelligence report, here are the details of terrorists ready to infiltrate:
1. Gurez Sector: 67 terrorists present in Pakistan’s posts at Barbad, Sardari, Losar complex.
2. Machil Sector: Movement of 96 terrorists observed.
3. Keran Sector: Movement of 117 terrorists observed.
4. Tangdhar Sector: Movember of 79 terrorists observed.
5. Uri Sector: Movement of 26 terrorists observed.
6. Rampur Sector: Movement of 26 terrorists observed.
7. Poonch Sector: Movement of 43 terrorists observed.
8. Krishna Ghati Sector: Movement of 21 terrorists observed.
9. Bhimber Gali: Movement of 40 terrorists observed.
10. Nowshera Sector: Movement of 6 terrorists observed.
11. Sunderbani Sector: Movement of 16 terrorists observed.