Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha Friday said that the administration is going to conduct the re-exam of Jammu and Kashmir sub-inspector posts in October this year.
In an interview to a BBC Hindi, Sinha said that worthy aspirants need not to worry and would qualify again.
The sub-inspector recruitment process was earlier scrapped by the Manoj Sinha-led administration after mass bungling was found in the written test conducted in April this year.
The case of mass bungling was later handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for in-depth investigation. Last month as part of the investigation CBI conducted raids at over two dozen locations in Jammu and Kashmir.
“We cancelled the exams after receiving complaints and handed over the case to the CBI. Some facts were found in the complaints after the investigation,” Sinha said. “The deserving candidates need not to worry, they will qualify again. But gone are the days when people will be selected by running a racket.”
The recruitment process was conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board.