A joint operation was carried today in Villages Dhan and Kishanpur of Tehsil Dansal to contain the problem of illegal mining.
This operation was jointly organised by Dhruv Gupta Tehsildar Dansal, Ankur Sachdeva District Mineral Officer Jammu and police team led by Sh. Vikram Chowki Officer Manwal in which the following actions were taken:-
1. Two illegally operating stone crushers were raided and two crusher machineries were seized along with 510 metric ton of crushed Bajri and 10 metric ton of crusher dust.
2. Two tipper vehicles seized containing 10 metric ton sand each.
3. One large illegal dump seized of 300 metric ton sand.
4. All the culprits challaned and all 5 cases referred to Joint Director, Geology and Mining for compounding of offence.
5. Digging of illegal pathways leading to these illegal sources done on spot with help of JCB.