As the covid-19 virus normalises in Jammu city with less number of positive cases, Kanak Mandi shopkeepers have requested the Administration for a roster change.
According to them, the 3 days business creates a chaos in the market. If extended to 5 days a week, the customers would get enough time for shopping.
“Covid situation in the city has improved but our customers have reduced due to the summer heat. 3 days is less for everyone to deal in this market. The roster should be increased to 5 days so that we customers have enough time to shop.” the shopkeepers said
Muskan Langoo, Content writer, JK Media
Portion of bridge washed away due to heavy rain
A big portion the bridge over Pai Nallah on Simbal Choa – Dera Baba road was damaged due to heavy rainfall, following which vehicular traffic on the road was closed.
One side of the bridge at village Bhabar, about 20 km from Reasi, has caved in. This bridge connects Dera Baba Banda Bahadur with Reasi.
According to Bodh Raj, former Sarpanch of the area, closure of the bridge because of damage has caused immense problem for the locals. “Condition of the roads from Simbal Chuha to Dera Baba Banda Bahadur and from Bhabar to Kundra is very dilapidated. The road from Bhabar to Kundra is in bad condition. Five kilometers of road is in bad condition which needs proper attention from the administration, he added.
People of the area have to the District Administration and DDC Chairperson to look after the matter and got the damaged part of the bridge repaired at the earliest so that vehicular movement is restored as early as possible.
DC Jammu issues new timings for opening shops
District Magistrate Jammu Anshul Garg has issued guidelines for opening of Shops/ Establishment in district.
Read the Order
Lockdown relaxation: J&K Govt Issues Fresh Guidelines for shops
The Jammu & Kashmir administration on Sunday relaxed Covid-induced restrictions in eight districts–Poonch, Reasi, Ramban, Doda, Shopian, Kulgam, Ganderbal, and Bandipora as the coronavirus infection declines. However, guidelines on the Covid containment, notified on 29 May, will continue to remain in force till further orders.
The union territory has allowed all government and private offices to function subject to strict adherence to Covid appropriate behaviour.
Here’s what’s allowed in the 8 districts:
1. Barbershops, salons, and parlours will be permitted to open on all days of the week (except on Saturdays and Sundays).
2. Standalone shops, outdoor bazaars, shopping complexes would be permitted to open on all days (except Saturday and Sunday).
3. All government offices can function without any restrictions subject to strict adherence to Covid appropriate behaviour.
4. The wholesale trade of liquor would continue to be permitted to operate 5 days a week (except Saturdays and Sundays) in the entire UT.
- Portion of bridge washed away due to heavy rain June 14, 2021
- DC Jammu issues new timings for opening shops June 13, 2021
- Lockdown relaxation: J&K Govt Issues Fresh Guidelines for shops June 13, 2021
- Big update for Non-JK Vehicles owners; check details here June 13, 2021
- Foundation stone laid for TTD’s Lord Venkateswara temple in Jammu June 13, 2021
Jammu2 months ago
Transfer and posting of J-K Police Inspectors
COVID 192 months ago
New Covid-19 guidelines for Jammu University
Jammu2 months ago
Weekend lockdown in Jammu from tomorrow: Details Inside
Business2 days ago
Now, get a driving licence without taking a test at the RTO
Sports1 month ago
IPL 2021: Smith, Warner, Maxwell and other Australians can face 5 yr jail, here’s why
Kashmir1 month ago
Rs. 92,000 fine imposed on a bakery
Jammu2 months ago
E-auction of Liquor Shops in J&K: Check Full list
Kashmir3 weeks ago
Unlock: Big Update regarding opening of shops and business establishments