Heartbreaking news coming from Beli Charana where a family of 7 members yesterday scorched in a fire. The gas from the cylinder was leaking out and the family was unaware of it. As soon as the family member lit the match stick a blast inside the room took place and in that blast, the family members were scorched. The family has been admitted to GMC Bakshi Nagar and the conditions of all the family members are critical. The family lives in Goll, Ramban but in winters they arrive in Jammu to earn.
Names of Family members who have scorched in the fire are-
While talking to the media a female neighbor said “around 9:30 pm the incident happened. The family is in critical condition. No Government official including the landlord has visited them”. “Police officials have twice visited the area but they are also not providing any assistance to them. We along with other neighbors shifted them to GMC. We were very shocked to see the conditions of their children. If we are visiting GMC to see them the workers of GMC are not allowing us to meet them and are also harassing us. We are warming the GMC staff to treat them with proper treatment and if any family member dies then the people of Belli charana will come out on the roads, another neighbor said”.
A male who belongs from the same village as the family said “the head male of the family is a driver by profession. In winters, he arrives in Jammu to earn as our village gets covered with snow. He hardly earns 6000-7000 rupees per month. We request the J&K Government to provide aid to them as they have no relatives in Jammu”.