If you’ve been looking for a magic potion for your skin, you should consider Vitamin E. An essential nutrient found naturally in some foods including nuts, seeds and green vegetables, it has been a popular ingredient in skincare product for years.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties that are effective in maintaining skin health.
Vitamin E Oil For Your Skin
Vitamin E oil moisturizes and nourishes your skin. It adds to your glow and makes your skin smooth and healthy. The oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, besides maintaining skin health.
- Reduces Hyperpigmentation
Vitamin E with Vitamin C can work as a natural sun protector and can reduce hyperpigmentation. If you enjoy staying out in the sun for long hours, this can be your new best friend!
- Prevents Skin Aging
The antioxidants present in Vitamin E improve blood circulation. Vitamin E
oil and other topical forms of Vitamin E slow down your skin-aging process. The oil can make your skin look firm and youthful!
- Improves Dry Skin Conditions
Vitamin E oil acts as a great moisturizer to reduce and prevent dry skin.
- Removes Dirt
Vitamin E oil is a heavy emollient. It removes dirt from your pores to give you a refreshed and smooth appearance. A few drops of Vitamin E oil should do the trick.
Vitamin E Oil: Precautions And Safety
Vitamin E oil is not feasible for every skin type. If you have oily skin, it may not be the best option for you to use. However, it does not have any serious side-effects. Before applying Vitamin E oil to your face, conduct a patch test at the back of your hand. Wait for 24 hours at least. If the patch doesn’t feel itchy, dry or red, you can apply it to your face.
If you’re using pure Vitamin E oil,
follow these steps while applying it to your face:
- Wash your face and gently pat dry. Cleansing is always the first and most vital step of your skincare regimen.
- Take a hot/warm towel and wrap it around your face for 2-3 minutes. This will allow your pores to open up and soak-in the oil better.
- Take a pea-sized amount of the oil. Gently rub the oil into your skin with your fingertips. Don’t be too harsh on your skin.
- If you have dry skin, you can leave the oil on overnight. If you’re prone
to breakouts or have sensitive skin, wash it off after 15 minutes.
- In case you choose to apply the oil to the rest of your body, make sure it doesn’t touch your clothes. You want your skin to reap the benefits of the oil, not stain your clothes!
If you have dry skin or eczema, applying pure Vitamin E oil can be beneficial. However, if you have oily skin, it is recommended to buy a moisturizer containing Vitamin E to avoid clogging your pores.
U.s.lima, lifestyle content creator