The festival is marked by sacrificing an animal that is close to people to prove their devotion and love for Allah. People usually sacrifice goats or sheep for commemorating Ibrahim (Abraham) who was to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to God’s command. The scarified animal is then divided into three parts. One share is given to the poor and needy, another is kept for home, and the third is given to relatives.
Many people also take part in the annual Hajj pilgrimage, organise huge feast gatherings, offer Namaz, exquisite clothing and religious parades.
With the outbreak of contagious Coronavirus, Eid celebrations this years are likely to be different. Governments across the world have imposed several restrictions on holding large gatherings for the celebrations. Moreover, Muslims from India will not be allowed to take part in the Islamic practice of performing Hajj. However, there are no restrictions on wishing your near and dear ones Eid-al-Adha on social media or personal messages.
Here are some greetings, wishes, messages & quotes to share with your friends, family members and others on the occasion of Eid-al-Adha:
– May the Noor of the Quran fill out hearts and souls, bringing harmony in our lives and and unte the Ummah. Ammen!
– Your prayers and sacrifices will never go unanswered. On this Eid al-Adha, embrace Allah’s divine blessings with all that you have. Eid Mubarak!
– May Allah keep you away from harm and troubles. May all your sin be forgiven and may you be blessed with peaceful life for each day ahead. Eid Mubarak!
– May Allah make all your wishes come true and fulfill all the desires you have. Here’s wishing your family and you happiness now and always. Eid Mubarak!
– May the guidance and blessings of Allah be with you and your family on this happy occasion of Eid. Eid Mubarak!
– Have a joy Bakra Eid with full of sparkling light to brighten your life. My heartfelt wishes on “the Festival of Sacrifice”!
– I wish you all a very happy and peaceful EID. May Allah accept your good deeds, forgive your transgression and ease the suffering of all the people around the globe. Ammen!
– May Allah bring you joy, happiness, peace and prosperity on this blessed occasion. Wishing you and your family on this happy occasion of Eid! Eid Mubarak!