A couple consumed poisonous substance and committed suicide in Kotwali Nagar area of Banda district here in Uttar Pradesh, a senior police officer said here on Saturday.
Additional Superintendent of Police (SP) Laxmi Niwas Mishra said Priti (27), a resident of Mawai village consumed some poisonous substance late on Friday night. “After sometime her husband Ram Swaroop (30) also consumed the same substance. When their condition deteriorated the couple was taken to the hospital from where they were referred to Kanpur, but they died midway,” he said.
He said prima facie family discord seemed to be the reason behind the incident. “However, the matter is being investigated from all angles. A dog squad along with a forensic team was sent on the spot for investigation,” he said.