As many as 43 ministers took oath in a major cabinet expansion-cum-reshuffle drive today, after several Union ministers including Harsh Vardhan and Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank resigned.
In the new setup, PM Modi will monitor Ministry of Science & Technology, while Amit Shah will take on the Ministry of Cooperation, in addition to Home Ministry.
The top portfolios remain steady, with some minor additions.
Smriti Irani will be the minister in charge of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) and also look after Swacch Bharat Mission.
Piyush Goyal will be Minister of Commerce and Industry; Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution; and Minister of Textiles.
Dharmendra Pradhan to take on education ministry and skill development. Pralhad Joshi will take additional charge of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, along with Ministry of Coal; and the Ministry of Mines.
Here’s the list of the new ministers and who gets what…
Narayan Rane – Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
He is a Rajya Sabha MP for Maharashtra, serving his first term. Rane has been serving the public in elected offices across different capacities for over 35 years. Prior to that, he served in the Income Tax Department from 1971 to 1984.
Sarbananda Sonowal – Ports, Shipping and Waterways; AYUSH ministry
He is a two-time Lok Sabha MP from Assam. He served as Assam’s popular Chief Minister from 2016-21.
Dr. Virendra Kumar – Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
He is a Lok Sabha MP for Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh, serving his seventh term as MP, and has a PhD in Child Labour from Dr Harisingh Gour University.
Jyotiraditya M Scindia – Civil Aviation
Scindia is a Rajya Sabha MP from Madhya Pradesh, serving his fifth term as MP. He has an MBA from Stanford University and BA from Harvard University.
Ramchandra Prasad Singh – Minister of Steel
He is a Rajya Sabha MP for Bihar serving his second term as MP. Singh is a retired IAS officer of the 1984 batch, having served over 25 years across various capacities and domains. An alumnus of Jawaharlal Nehru University, he holds an MA in International Relations.
Ashwini Vaishnaw – Railways Ministry & IT Ministry
He is a Rajya Sabha MP for Odisha and a former IAS Officer of the 1994 batch, he handled important responsibilities over 15 years and was particularly known for his contribution to the PPP framework in Infrastructure. He has a MBA from Wharton School, Pennsylvania University and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur.
Pashu Pati Kumar Paras – Ministry of Food Processing Industries
He is the Lok Sabha MP for Hajipur in Bihar and has been a seven-time MLA and one-time MLC in Bihar, making him one of India’s senior-most State legislators.
Bhupender Yadav – Labour Ministry
He is a Rajya Sabha MP for Rajasthan, serving his second term, and has been in public life for over two decades.
Kiren Rijiju – Minister of Law and Justice
Rijiju was Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports; and Minister of State for Minority Affairs in the Narendra Modi government. He was Union Minister of State for Home Affairs in the first term of the BJP-led government.
Raj Kumar Singh – Minister of Power; and Minister of New and Renewable Energy
Bureaucrat-turned politician Singh steered Modi government’s power sector reforms agenda that made India surplus in electricity.
Mansukh Mandaviya – Health Ministry & Chemicals and Fertilizer
Mandaviya was the Union Minister of State for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers.
Hardeep Singh Puri – Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas; and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs
He was the Civil Aviation Minister and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs.
G. Kishan Reddy – Minister of Culture; Minister of Tourism; and Minister of Development of North Eastern Region
Served as Minister of State for Home Affairs. He is an MP representing Secunderabad since 2019
Anurag Thakur- I&B Minister along with Youth Affairs
Served as a Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs
Parshottam Rupala – Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying
He was the Union Minister of State for Panchayati Raj, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Ministers of State
- Pankaj Choudhary – Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance
- Anupriya Singh Patel – Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Dr. Satya Pal Singh Baghel – Minister of State in the Ministry of Law and Justice
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar – Minister of State in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Shobha Karandlaje – Minister of State in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma – Minister of State in the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Darshana Vikram Jardosh – Minister of State in the Ministry of Textiles; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Railways
- Meenakshi Lekhi– Minister of State in the Ministry of External Affairs; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Culture
- Annpurna Devi – Minister of State in the Ministry of Education
- A. Narayanaswamy – Minister of State in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Kaushal Kishore – Minister of State in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ajay Bhatt – Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Tourism
- B. L. Verma – Minister of State in the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Cooperation
- Ajay Kumar – Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs
- Devusinh Chauhan – Minister of State in the Ministry of Communications
- Bhagwanth Khuba – Minister of State in the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Kapil Moreshwar Patil – Minister of State in the Ministry of Panchayati Raj
- Pratima Bhoumik – Minister of State in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Dr. Subhas Sarkar – Minister of State in the Ministry of Education
- Dr. Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad – Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance
- Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh – Minister of State in the Ministry of External Affairs; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Education
- Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar – Minister of State in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Bishweswar Tudu – Minister of State in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Shantanu Thakur – Minister of State in the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
- Dr. Munjapara Mahendrabhai – Minister of State in the Ministry of Women and Child Development; and Minister of State in the Ministry of AYUSH
- John Barla – Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Dr. L. Murugan– Minister of State in the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Nisith Pramanik – Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
J&K figures amongst top states/ UTs with highest no. of ACs generated in last 6 months
As per the data released by National Health Authority (NHA) Government of India, the Jammu and Kashmir UT figures amongst the top 5 states/UTs with highest number of Ayushman Cards to have been generated in the last six months.
As per the data, J&K generated 19 Lakh Ayushman Cards in the last six months and proportional to the total beneficiary base J&K is the best performing state/UT vis-à-vis Ayushman Card generation in the last six months.
The AB PM-JAY SEHAT was launched by the Prime Minister on 26th December, 2020. Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) SEHAT in convergence with AB PM-JAY aims to provide Universal Health Insurance Coverage of Rs.5.00 lakh per family on a floater basis.
AB PM-JAY SEHAT has the same benefits as available under AB-PMJAY and this scheme covers all residents of Jammu and Kashmir including employees/pensioners of the Government of Jammu and Kashmir and their families.
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) SEHAT in convergence with PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital. It envisions helping mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical treatment to all the residents of Jammu & Kashmir and covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
There is no restriction on the family size, age or gender; all pre–existing conditions are covered from day one. Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country i.e. a beneficiary can visit any of the more than 24000 empanelled public or private hospitals (including 226 hospitals empanelled within Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir) under AB PM-JAY in India to avail cashless treatment.
The scheme has been accorded top priority by Lieutenant Governor, who is monitoring the implementation of the scheme closely.
Chief Executive Officer, State Health Agency J&K, Dr. Sagar Doifode informed that the State Health Agency, besides other initiatives, has started a unique initiative, ‘Gaon Gaon Ayushman’ which is aimed to provide Ayushman Bharat Cards to entire population within shortest period of time.
To ensure all eligible beneficiaries are registered under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY-SEHAT scheme, camps are being set-up for on spot registration of beneficiaries by CSCs where VLEs are stationed for ensuring 100 percent registration and mobilization at grass roots level is being done by PRIs involving door to door campaign by ASHA’s. The drive is being conducted in coordination with PRI representatives of respective areas.
This being the most prestigious scheme is being monitored by Additional Chief Secretary Health & Medical Education, Atal Dulloo, on a daily basis.
UGC extends deadline for NET qualified candidates to complete Master’s Degree, details here
University Grant Commission (UGC) has extended the deadline for NET and JRF qualified candidates to complete their Master’s program. UGC has decided to give extension to candidates who qualified December 2018 or June 2019 UGC NET examination, or those who cleared JRF under the UGC scheme but could not complete their Master’s program, as per Times Now report.
For candidates who qualified December 18 UGC NET and Joint CSIR UGC Test, the date has been extended to June 30, 2022. While for June 2019 UGC NET and Joint CSIR UGC Test qualified candidates, the last date to complete Master’s program has been extended to December 31, 2022.
The official notification read, “In the interest of the affected candidates, UGC has taken a decision to extend the last date for completing the Master’s degree or equivalent course with requisite percentage of marks as per the eligibility conditions of NET till June 30, 2022 for December 2018 UGC-NET / Joint CSIR-UGC Test and December 31, 2022 for June 2019 UGC-NET / Joint CSIR-UGC Test.”
Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or any other equivalent course are allowed to sit for UGC NET 2021 as well as those candidates who have already appeared for the Master’s Examination and are awaiting their results, can also appear for the exam.
The extension will also be applicable for those candidates who have qualified for the post of Assistant Professor, or Lectureship and have not been able to complete their Master’s program due to the COVID-19 pandemic and any other unavoidable circumstances.
Meanwhile, UGC is yet to declare the schedule for UGC NET 2021 examination. The candidates should keep a tab on the official website of UGC at ugcnet.nta.nic.in for more details.
ATM charges, Salary, pension, EMI payment rules to change from August 1
Tomorrow is August 1 and there will be certain changes in the banking transactions from next month. These modifications include that your salary will be credited on Sundays and gazetted holidays. The apex bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently announced that the National Automated Clearing House (NACH) will remain functional all days of the week from August 1, 2021.
Operated by the National Payments Corporation of India, NACH helps in facilitating credit transfers such as payment of dividends, interest, salary and pension. It also facilitates the collection of payments pertaining to electricity, gas, telephone, instalments towards loans, investments in mutual funds and insurance premium.
Currently, this facility of crediting salary is operational on working days of banks and therefore, the auto-debits are not allowed on bank holidays, gazetted holidays and even Sundays. “In order to further enhance customer convenience, and to leverage the 24×7 availability of real-time gross settlement (RTGS), NACH which is currently available on bank working days, is proposed to be made available on all days of the week effective from August 1, 2021,” RBI governor Shaktikanta Das had said.
This is aimed at reducing the duration of salary processing which includes salary credits, bill payments, insurance premiums and loan EMIs. Earlier, it was delayed due to bank holidays and this auto-transfer facility has helped the transfer of government subsidies during the present COVID-19 in a timely and transparent manner, RBI said.
Recently, RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das had announced several key financial, economic measures amid the pandemic. Among other measures, he had announced 24×7 availability of RTGS and NACH from August 1, 2021.
- COVID19: J&K reports 118 new positive cases, 315908 recovered so far July 31, 2021
- J&K Lt Governor Manoj Sinha chairs high-level meeting July 31, 2021
- Education Department’s warning, online classes to be conducted on scheduled timings July 31, 2021
- J&K figures amongst top states/ UTs with highest no. of ACs generated in last 6 months July 31, 2021
- Centre releases 15 pc amount under Covid emergency response package to states July 31, 2021
Jammu4 months ago
Transfer and posting of J-K Police Inspectors
COVID 193 months ago
New Covid-19 guidelines for Jammu University
Business2 months ago
Now, get a driving licence without taking a test at the RTO
Jammu3 months ago
Weekend lockdown in Jammu from tomorrow: Details Inside
Jammu3 months ago
E-auction of Liquor Shops in J&K: Check Full list
Sports3 months ago
IPL 2021: Smith, Warner, Maxwell and other Australians can face 5 yr jail, here’s why
Kashmir3 months ago
Rs. 92,000 fine imposed on a bakery
Kashmir2 months ago
Unlock: Big Update regarding opening of shops and business establishments