Jammu, 20 August: A heart-wrenching incident has been reported from Jammu’s  Khanpur area in Nagrota, in which a 12-year old kid lost his life when he came in contact with a broken live electric wire which was swinging from the electric pole, in a bid to fetch the kite from it.

Mr Idrees Ahmad father of the victim allegedly said that it is the negligence of the power department employees who didn’t bind the loose swinging  electric wire in-time, which became the reason of death for his kid who went to fetch the kite, yesterday.

  Watch Video

He further said that when the electricity department workers heard the news of the incident they arrived there and repaired the wire,  but if they would have fixed the hanging wire earlier he might not have lost his only child, it is their fault that my child died.

Moreover he appealed to the local administration to help him and initiate a probe in this matter so that the culprits can be booked according to the law.

Aman Zutshi