Banking or financial institutions have been at the receiving end of a lot of online attacks these days. Taking note of that, the State Bank of India (SBI) has alerted its customers that they might lose their personal or financial details. The bank has further advised customers to follow a “safety tip” that will eventually save them from “losing personal or financial data!”
- SBI advised its customers to not download apps from sources which are unverified. “Your Safety is our Priority! Here’s a quick security tip that could save you from losing personal/financial data!” SBI tweeted.
- “Download apps only from verified sources. Do not download any app on the advice of unknown persons,” SBI said. The bank has further said that it is possible that messages including OTP, PIN, CVV may be read remotely.
- Last week, cyber security researchers warned that Chinese hackers are targeting SBI users with phishing scams, asking them to update their KYC using a particular website link and offering free gifts worth Rs 50 lakh from the bank via a WhatsApp message. The research wing of New Delhi-based think tank CyberPeace Foundation, along with Autobot Infosec Pvt Ltd, studied two such incidents on the name of SBI that were faced by some smartphone users. “All the domain names associated with the campaign have the registrant country as China,” the research team said.
- In March, the research team had also pointed out that several users of the SBI were targeted in a phishing scam where hackers flooded them with suspicious text messages, requesting them to redeem their SBI credit points worth Rs 9,870.
Got 1 rupee Indian coin? Here’s how it will make you a crorepati
A 1 rupee Indian coin lying idle in your collection box could pave the way for you to earn crores of rupees just from the comfort of your home, provided you ensure that currency in your possession matches certain criteria. You could earn nearly Rs 10 crore by selling it online. For selling notes and currency of collection you can visit websites that deal with them with a very high premium.
Actually, the coin of Rs 1 that we have mentioned above was auctioned for Rs 10 crore. But this coin is not an ordinary coin. The coin that has been auctioned at such a high premium was printed during British rule and was printed in 1885. Incase you are in possession of such a coin, you too could get Rs 10 crore for it on the online auction.
There are several websites that deal in auctioning of such rare coins. To auction these old coins, you can also visit OLX. You will need to create your login ID and auction your coin. Additionally, you can also auction coins by creating your ID on indiamart.com. You will have to share the photo of your coin for the auction.
Several people are into buying antique goods while several coin collectors are also out there who would go to any length to acquire rare coins.
Big news for Aadhaar card holders! Now get mobile number updated at your door step
In what could come as a major relief for Aadhaar card holders, updating their mobile numbers on the 12 digit Unique Identification card is now available at their doorsteps.
Individuals can now update mobile numbers on their Aadhaar cards at their doorstep with the help of a postman. India Post Payments Bank and Unique Identification Authority of India under an arrangement will allow postmen to update mobile numbers of Aadhaar cardholders. The service will be available through a network of 650 India Post Payments Bank, 1.46 lakh postmen and Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
At present, IPPB is only providing mobile update service and will very soon also enable child enrolment service through its network.
Now a resident Aadhaar holder can get his mobile number updated in Aadhaar by the postman at his door step.
— PIB_INDIA Ministry of Communications (@pib_comm) July 20, 2021
Meanwhile, Aadhaar issuing body Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had a couple of months ago listed out 4 important charges for Aadhaar Services in its fresh tweet.
“New Aadhaar Enrolment and MBU (at 5&15 yrs) are free. Charges for updating Aadhaar are fixed: ₹50 for demographic update & ₹100 for biometric update (with/without demographic update). Call 1947 or write to us at [email protected] if you are asked to pay extra,” UIDAI has tweeted.
Aadhaar Enrolment charges: Free
Mandatory Biometric Update with or without Demographic update: Free
Demographic update (Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile Number, E-mail): Rs 50
Biometric update with or without Demographic update: Rs 100
Other than the above you can also order for Aadhaar PVC Card. It can be ordered online through uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.gov.in using Aadhaar number, Virtual ID or Enrolment ID. Users can do so by paying a nominal charge of Rs 50. Aadhaar PVC Card is delivered to the resident’s address by speed post.
Explained – How to get a new photo for your Aadhaar card
Aadhaar card is required for a host of services ranging from filing income tax, to linking with pan card. The 12-digt identification number is also one of a very important proof of identification. In order to avail Aadhaar Online services, it is also important to have a registered Mobile Number linked to the Aadhaar card.
While UIDAI allows for a variety of Aadhaar related details to be changed online, for a few other services like changing of picture or biometric details, you will have to to visit Aadhaar kendras.
If you are not very happy with your existing picture on Aadhaar card, you can get it changed.
In order to get your Aadhaar picture updated, you should visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra and furnish the following details.
1. Download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from UIDAI’s website.
2. Fill-up the form.
3. Submit the form to the Aadhaar Enrolment executive and provide your biometric details.
4. Your live photograph will be taken at the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
5. Pay a fee of Rs 25 + GST to get the details updated
6. You will be provided an acknowledgement slip containing the update request number (URN).
7. The URN can be used to check the Aadhaar update status
Once your request to change the photo in Aadhar is processed, you can download it online from the UIDAI portal.
- Road accident at Sidhra, truck damaged July 30, 2021
- After 12 years of wait, 27 JKPS officers inducted into IPS July 30, 2021
- Over 1.30 cr saplings proposed to be planted across UT in this year: J&K LG July 30, 2021
- Rescue operation resumes in cloudburst-hit Kishtwar after suspension due to rain July 30, 2021
- Cyber fraud in Jammu, person loses 24,000 from Bank account July 30, 2021
Jammu4 months ago
Transfer and posting of J-K Police Inspectors
COVID 193 months ago
New Covid-19 guidelines for Jammu University
Business2 months ago
Now, get a driving licence without taking a test at the RTO
Jammu3 months ago
Weekend lockdown in Jammu from tomorrow: Details Inside
Jammu3 months ago
E-auction of Liquor Shops in J&K: Check Full list
Sports3 months ago
IPL 2021: Smith, Warner, Maxwell and other Australians can face 5 yr jail, here’s why
Kashmir3 months ago
Rs. 92,000 fine imposed on a bakery
Kashmir2 months ago
Unlock: Big Update regarding opening of shops and business establishments