Connect with us

latest

Anti-terror operations in J&K will intensify: DGP Dilbag Singh

Dilbag Singh

On Tuesday, Director-General of Police, Jammu and Kashmir Dilbag Singh, said fighting terrorism and securing peace and tranquillity in J&K is continuous. He noted that back-to-back, successful anti-terror operations have been conducted in south Kashmir in the last few days and added that anti-terror operations would continue with more intensity to consolidate peace in Jammu and Kashmir.

He spoke at an event where he flagged off several operations command vehicles, equipped with state-of-the-art technology and additional safety features to the J&K Police’s fleet. The event was held at the district police lines in Jammu. The vehicles have been named ‘Black Panthers’.

The DGP was briefed on the safety and surveillance features of the vehicles. The vehicles are fully air-conditioned and equipped with 14 CCTV cameras, PTZ camera, 360-degree view camera, public address system, flashlights, advanced medical kit, power backup and other security systems.

Speaking to the media, the DGP said that the modified and upgraded version of the command vehicles is equipped with modern gadgets with additional safety features and surveillance systems. “With the help of the surveillance systems, we would be able to monitor a large area around the vehicles during any situation,” he said. Citing the example of the Nagrota encounter, the DGP said that the command vehicle used during the encounter proved extremely useful in efficiently neutralizing the terrorists.

The DGP said that to augment the efficiency and capabilities of the force, the vehicles have been provided to all ranges of the Kashmir zone. He said that in the Jammu zone, the vehicles had been provided to the Jammu district for now, and in future, the vehicles would be provided to other ranges as well. He said that J&K Police is planning to provide these vehicles to all Kashmir and Jammu Zone districts.

ADGsP MK Sinha and Danesh Rana, IGP CIV PHQ Alok Kumar, SSP PCR Jammu Haseeb Mughal, SSP Jammu Shri Chandan Kholi, AIsG of PHQ, Commandants of Jammu-based battalions and other senior officers were also present on occasion.

Jammu

Delegation of Jammu University Teachers’ Association calls on Lt Governor

Today, the office-bearers of the Jammu University Teachers’ Association called on Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha at Raj Bhawan.

The delegation led by the President of the Association, Prof. Pankaj Srivastava, submitted a memorandum of demands to the Lt Governor pertaining to various welfare issues of the teachers of the University including promotion under CAS; grant of earned leave and enhancement of the age of superannuation to 65 years in favour of teachers, and various other benefits as per UGC regulations, besides establishment of housing society exclusively for University teachers.

The Lt Governor, while interacting with the delegation members, advised them to make continuous efforts to create a conducive environment for learning and innovation in the University.

The Lt Governor assured them that the issues projected would be looked into meticulously for their early redressal.

Continue Reading

Jammu

JKP Border Battalion aspirants submit memorandum to Div Com Jammu

Today, a delegation of aspirants seeking recruitment in the Jammu and Kashmir Police Border Battalion called on Divisional Commissioner Jammu, Dr Raghav Langer.

The Aspirants apprised the Divisional Commissioner that they had applied for the post of Head Constable advertised by the Jammu and Kashmir Police Recruitment Board in 2019 and appeared in Physical and medical tests. But now, the JKP HQRS (police recruitment board) has reissued an advertisement notification for the recruitment of Head Constable in the border battalion.

The Aspirants demanded the withdrawal of the new advertisement issued by JKP HQRS. They further appealed to conduct the written examination of already qualified candidates and give a separate ad for more vacancies.

The Divisional Commissioner gave a patient hearing to the delegation and assured that the matter would be taken up with police authorities.

Continue Reading

COVID 19

Centre extends COVID-19 restrictions till February 28

On Thursday, the Central Government extended the existing COVID-related restrictions until February 28 because of the rising COVID-19 and Omicron variants.

Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issued the order directing all the states and the Union Territories (UTs) to instruct their local and district administrations to promptly take containment measures against the threat of the Omicron variant based on their assessment of the situation.

Taking evidence-based COVID-19 containment measures at the district and local level, as conveyed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), the MHA order mentioned that COVID restrictions “will remain in force till February 28, 2022.”

“In exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 10(2)(1) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, the undersigned hereby directs that the Order of the Ministry of Home Affairs’ of even number dated December 27, 2021, to ensure compliance to the normative framework for taking evidence-based COVID-19 containment measures at district and local level, as conveyed vide Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) dated December 21, 2021, will remain in force up to February 28, 2022,” the order mentioned.

According to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Thursday, the order was issued when India logged 2,86,384 new coronavirus infections, taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 40,371,500.
As per the order, containment measures have been extended to February 28.

“Due to the current COVID wave, led by the new variant, Omicron, there has been a steady increase in the number of COVID cases in the country and the active cases have increased to over 22 lakhs. Though a majority of active cases are recovering fast and a low percentage of cases are in hospitals, it is still a matter of concern that 407 districts in 34 States and UTs are reporting a positivity rate of more than 10 per cent,” the order said.

Therefore, looking at the current trends of the COVID virus, the order said there is a need to exercise caution and vigilance.

Against this background, the order issued by Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla said, “I would like to reiterate that all the states/UTs must observe all precautions and not let the guard down”.

“Based on the normative framework, mentioned in the MoHFW dated December 21, 2021, and assessment of the situation, local/district administration should continue to take prompt and appropriate containment measures.”

The order directs “imposition and lifting of local curbs or restrictions dynamic and based on the case positivity and hospitalisation status at the local level”.

It also emphasised that there should be a continued focus on the five-fold strategy– Test-Track-Treat-Vaccination and adherence to COVID Appropriate Behaviour.

“The state enforcement machinery should strictly enforce the norms of COVID Appropriate Behaviour– wearing of face masks and maintaining safe social distancing in all public areas/gatherings,” the order further reads.

Further, states and UTs are advised to continue holding regular media briefings to disseminate the right information and discourage any misinformation on new variants of concern.

It is also urged to issue necessary directions to the districts and all other local authorities concerned to take the measures required for prompt and effective management of COVID-19, strict compliance with various advisories issued by the MoHFW on the new VOC and strict enforcement of COVID Appropriate Behaviour.

Continue Reading

Watch our Youtube Videos

Covid-19 Stats

28 Jan 2022, 5:01 AM (GMT)

Coronavirus Stats

40,622,709 Total Cases
492,356 Death Cases
38,024,771 Recovered Cases

Facebook

Latest Posts

Trending

Instagram
WhatsApp