Samba, December 15, 2022: A large number of Anganwadi Workers today held a strong protest demonstration in Samba, Jammu against the local regime.

Affiliated to Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS), the members of Anganwadi Workers Welfare Association, Jammu assembled at Head quarters in Samba,  and started protest demonstration against the UT Government in support of their pending demands.

      Watch Video

Anganwadi Workers and Helpers from various centres led by  Association general Secretary Roshu Sharma started a massive protest demonstration against the decision of the Lt Governor’s Administrative Council, the meeting of which was held recently.

They were strongly opposing the Administrative Council’s approval to the proposal of Comprehensive Human Resource Policy to govern the engagement , leaves, promotions, and other important aspects of the policy for female Anganwadi Workers and Helpers working in the Integrated Child Development Scheme of J&K UT, whereby the services of both AWWs and Helpers would end on attaining age of 60 years and the vacancy so arisen would be filled up as per prescribed procedure and the workers and helpers who after engagement have permanently changed/ shifted their residence outside the ward, would be deemed to have disengaged from the post of AWWs and Helpers and the vacancy so created will be filled up with the newly laid procedures with fresh candidates.

Mrs Roshu Sharma alleged that instead of solving their long pending issues or enhancing their wages, the LG Administration has now devised yet another way of exploitation of the female Anganwadi workers and helpers by proposing new so called Human Resource Policy.

She further said that they strongly oppose this policy and Administration should roll back on it otherwise they would intensify their agitation.

She added that they strongly demanded that their wages be increased and brought at par with Haryana or Himachal Pradesh by enhancing their state share. They regretted that they were being paid the lowest wages as compared to any other UT or State.