Jammu: Man electrocuted to death, locals staged protest
Jammu: A lineman died due to electrocution while repairing power supply in Mandi Tehsil of Poonch district yesterday. The incident happened when the lineman was connecting electric wires on the pole.
He was mending general power line when the electricity supply suddenly resumed, killing him on the spot.
Following his death, the locals of the area blamed the Poonch Electricity Department of negligence and for his death.
The deceased has been identified as Mohd Bashir (40) s/o Mohd Yunus, resident of Chakru Poonch.
“It’s an open murder an animal has not died, it’s a human who has died. He has two kids no one from his dept came here yet ” one of the vexed protesters said.
“DC sir should com here and should initiated a probe into this matter. The higher officials of the power dept are sleeping now who take lakhs of salary, while this guy who earns some hundred is dead here”, he alleged.