JK government on Sunday extended the Corona curfew for a week in 20 districts of the UT. Earlier the curfew was supposed to end at 7 am on Monday i.e 10th of April but now the curfew will remain imposed till 17th May. In between the Samba administration, issued guidelines for the corona curfew. No major change is seen in the order.
Samba Administration has issued guidelines under Section 144 of CRPC 34 of the section, Disaster Management Act and Section 2nd Epidemic Disease Act.
The guidelines issued are –
● All the permissible services in Corona curfew will function from 6 am till 10 am. These services include – medicine shops, testing labs, medical and clinical establishments, cattle feed and fodder, agricultural tools, seeds and pesticide shops, banks, ATMs, cash vans and insurance offices, petrol pumps, LPG agencies, fair price shops and FCI godowns, Wholesalers dealing with essential items, fruits, vegetables, dairy products and FCI mandis.
● There will be no hindrance to the smooth movement of goods and essential supplies, nomads migrating with herds.
● There shall be no restrictions on the inter-state and intra-state movement of essential goods on NH-44 stretch and other routes of Samba.
● All the employees will be only allowed to travel if they’ll be carrying an authorized ID card.
● Local retail grocery shops catering to local residential areas and mohallas, fruits and vegetable shops, milk and dairy shops, meat and chicken shops will be allowed to operate daily between 6 am to 10 am.
● Social Gatherings such as marriages that were earlier 50 have been now restricted to 25 while 20 persons can attend the last rites. For attending marriages invitation cards shall be treated as curfew passes.
Also, the administration has mentioned in the order that anyone found violating the guidelines shall be punishable under the above-mentioned sections.